31 January Team Manager Training Copper Box, Olympic Park
Run by British Fencing, this is open to anyone who is interested – fencer, coach, parent of a competitive fencer… Full details are outlined below.
22 February Hub Development Day St Gabriel’s School, Newbury
Foil and epee training + first aid course + U10 foil competition
12 April Hub Development Day St Gabriel’s School, Newbury
3 weapon training in preparation for the BYC’s.
19 July Hub Development Day St Gabriel’s School, Newbury
3 weapon training + armoury + referee course + more to be announced
We pleased to see so many “frequent flyers” at the hub days. The use of video seems particularly popular and we hope that more parents will be involved in this so that coaches back at the clubs can be shown what work has been done during the day
As we see the benefit of regular attendance, we would like to offer a discount against the July Development Day as follows:
- If you attended in January and attend in February and April then July will cost you £10
- If you attend in February and April then July will cost you £15
- If you attend in February or April then July will cost you £20
For those of you who have not attended a day before, more detail is attached.
Booking is via the website: www.southernfencing.org.uk
Feel free to email any queries to Julie Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
British Fencing Safeguarding and Team Manager Training
31st January 2015
Copper Box, Olympic Park, Stratford, E20 2ST
We want fencing to be a sport where everyone involved can have fun and feel safe. We are offering two interactive workshops which will help people across the sport to understand more about their roles and how safeguarding applies to them.
Our day comes in two parts. In the morning we are offering “En Garde Ready” this is for anyone – fencer, parent, coach, armourer, referee… It will take you on a journey through what safeguarding is and how it applies to you and what tools there are out there to help you with your role. The afternoon will be taken up with Team Manager Training which is for anyone who is or wants to become a team manager. EGR is a pre-requisite to attend this workshop
- Date 31st Jan 2015, 9.30 – 16.30
- Course Tutor: Liz Behnke
- Cost: free
- Application deadline: 23rd January 2015
Ideal prerequisites for joining the TM course (please indicate if you have not done any of the requirements for being a licensed British Fencing team manager) and note that this will be required before deployment:-
- A valid DBS certificate, obtained via British Fencing and with at least 12 months remaining
- Attendance certificate for a Safeguarding and Protecting Children course, with at least 12 months remaining
- Membership of British Fencing
Outcomes of TM Workshop:
- The roles and responsibilities of taking under-18s away to competitions and camps.
- The relevant legal and regulatory welfare and safeguarding frameworks.
- The planning, management, budgeting and evaluation process of trips.
- Risk assessment and situation management.
- Support Network